Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Outings with Auntie

Yesterday my favorite Auntie, Mimi, picked me up in her convertible PT Cruiser and whisked me away for a fun filled afternoon of Crunchy Shrimp Taco Platters, salty Margaritas and a long walk on a familiar beach. We didn't stop talking the entire time. This is a lady whom I love dearly but didn't get nearly enough of growing up. She loves the beach, just like me. We delighted in collected broken shells and beautiful wet stones, and big groups of children pulling chunks of tangled kelp like it was the trendiest toy a kid could have. My auntie looks like a California beach girl. Her hair is a beautiful sun kissed blonde and her toes are always tan. She always has a smile on her face and a twinkle of pure joy in her pretty blue eyes. She's the closest thing to my mom that I will ever get enjoy again. I am so grateful for her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment