Friday, November 8, 2013

Coqueto: memories of my Puerto Rican firecracker friend

When I was in my early twenties I worked at Roy's, a fine dining restaurant that has remained my favorite since I left 8 years ago. The pastry chef was an amazing little "Puerto Rican firecracker " named Jen. One year for Christmas she gave me a creamy rum eggnoggy kind drink called "coqueto."
I am now in my early thirties and have been craving that drink since she gave it to me! I recently contacted her and she gave me the recipe. It's crazy simple and makes regular rum taste festive and delicious- so here ya go:
Firecracker Jen's boozy Puerto Rican eggnog!
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 can coconut milk
One bottle white rum (750ml)
Mix, bottle, give to friends and store in your freezer for long lasting buzzy wuzzy goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment